Pay Classification: Seasonal
Pay: $8:00 hourly
Applications available at Daleville City Hall
Monday-Friday; 8am-noon and 1pm-4pm
Deadline for application: Until Filled
The City of Daleville Parks and Recreation Department is accepting applications for Part Time Rec Aide. Applicants must be available to work evenings and weekends. This is a non-supervisory position that works with children and the general public. Ability to direct children ages 5-12 years old and help with elementary school homework. Experience working with the public, children, sales and money handling is required.
Examples of work performed:
1.Check in and check out of After school Participants.
2. Oversight of up to 12 children ages 5-12 years old.
3. Custodial Task- picks up trash, clean restrooms, empty trashcans, sweep, mop, facilities.
4. Prepare facilities/ classroom for children. IE: snacks and homework supplies
5. Special Duties- Accept payments for program fees/ write receipts for payments and maintain program daily count sheets.
Essential Physical Abilities:
• Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to communicate effectively;
• Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to monitor one’s own work progress;
• Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to operate related equipment;
• Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to work in trenches, in rough terrain and have access to various parks and related areas
• Ability to stand, walk, bend, crouch or stoop intermittently
• Ability to frequent lifting light objects weighing less than 24 pounds and heavy objects weighing more than 50 pounds.
Must be able to obtain CPR certification within 30 days of employment.
Must have current valid Driver’s license.
Pre-employment physical, drug screening and background check required.
The City of Daleville is and Equal Opportunity Employer.